In a news release, telemedicine company CloudMD Software & Services Inc. (DOC:TSX.V; DOCRF:OTCQB; 6PH:FSE) announced that it plans to acquire a Metro Vancouver, B.C., medical clinic. The firm indicated that it has already signed a Binding Term Sheet to purchase 100% of the clinic's business, assets and operations.
CloudMD reported that the recent oversubscribed bought deal financing positioned it with significant capital allowing it the capability to accelerate its M&A activity to scale and grow the business. The company advised that that the acquisition of the clinic is an integral part of its top-line revenue growth strategy.
The firm stated that the clinic, which operates from one location with 24 healthcare professionals across various specialties including mental health, sports medicine, women's health, gynecology and psychiatry, is a premier provider of integrated medical solutions and an early adopter of telemedicine delivery. The company indicated that the clinic should be easily integrated into CloudMD's EMR software and clinic network as it is currently using online booking, EMR and telemedicine.
CloudMD's CEO Dr. Essam Hamza remarked, "COVID-19 and the cash injection from the most recent financing were transformational for us and accelerated our growth plans by 3-5 years. The funds raised gives us a war chest of capital to deploy on strategic, accretive acquisitions already in our due diligence pipeline. The acquisition of this clinic not only increases our top line revenue by $3 million, but it's also an important part of our growth strategy as we expand our hybrid digital clinic footprint across Canada and the U.S."
The company reported that it has agreed to pay the shareholders (pro-rata) aggregate consideration of up to CA$700,000 for 100% of the outstanding securities of the medical clinic, payable as up to CA$200,000 in cash and up to CA$500,000 in shares of CloudMD.
The firm noted that it expects to finalize the acquisition by July 31, 2020, and that the purchase remains subject to customary closing conditions including the execution of a definitive acquisition agreement and receipt of TSX Venture exchange approval.[NLINSERT]
1) Stephen Hytha compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. He or members of his household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. He or members of his household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. As of the date of this article, an affiliate of Streetwise Reports has a consulting relationship with CloudMD Software & Services Inc. Please click here for more information.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article until three business days after the publication of the interview or article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases. As of the date of this article, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of CloudMD Software & Services Inc., a company mentioned in this article.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.