In a news release, Reliq Health Technologies Inc. (RHT:TSX.V; RQHTF:OTCQB; A2AJTB:WKN) announced that it has "signed a new contract with a U.S. Nephrology practice to use Reliq's proprietary iUGO Care platform to monitor Chronic Kidney Disease patients."
Reliq Health Technologies CEO Dr. Lisa Crossley stated, "It is a testament to the flexibility of our platform that it can be used to manage so many different complex chronic conditions...We are pleased to be working with our newest client, a Nephrology Practice in Texas, to monitor Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) patients and help improve their health outcomes."
"Over 36 Million Americans have CKD and the majority of these patients also have either diabetes and/or hypertension, the two primary risk factors for developing CKD. Using our highly scalable iUGO Care platform, Nephrologists can help monitor medication compliance and manage patients' co-morbidities like diabetes and high blood pressure, helping to reduce or prevent further damage to the kidneys that could lead to End Stage Renal Disease and the need for costly and disruptive interventions like dialysis or a kidney transplant. We will begin onboarding patients next week, and expect to have at least 5,000 kidney disease patients on the platform by the end of this calendar year, at an average revenue of US$65/patient/month," Dr. Crossley added.
Reliq Health advised that it developed the iUGO Care platform in order to support care coordination and community-based virtual healthcare. According to the company, "iUGO Care allows complex patients to receive high quality care at home, improving health outcomes, enhancing quality of life for patients and families and reducing the cost of care delivery. iUGO Care provides real-time access to remote patient monitoring data, allowing for timely interventions by the care team to prevent costly hospital readmissions and ER visits."[NLINSERT]
Read what other experts are saying about:
1) Stephen Hytha compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. He or members of his household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. He or members of his household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Reliq Health Technologies. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases. As of the date of this article, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of Reliq Health Technologies, a company mentioned in this article.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.